Monday, January 13, 2014

overdue

Phew, it's been a while and lots of great things have happened

Way back when, in the fall I got to indulge in some great cross racing taking my first trip to Iowa for Jingle Cross.  It was really inspiring to see such a strong domestic race scene and to meet a whole slew of crazy fun people.


Next up was the homecoming of our "camperized" sprinter van.  This of course necessitated some riding/camping trips, one of which was some parking lot front row camping for cross nationals.  If anything was going to test the functionality of the van it would be doing 2 days of racing in the pouring rain out of it .... and it was awesome!  Slept like a baby and enjoyed the heated hang out during the day.  Of course I don't have any good photos.


 Racing was fantastic.  The Canadian Nationals course was tough; lots of off-camber mud, sand pits and drag racing.  Reigning champ Mical Dyck and former Champ Wendy Simms kept me pinned all weekend to pull off two victories.
Having been forced to sit out mtb nationals with an injury it was fantastic to earn the right to wear the maple leaf in another discipline.

<














My December Off Season took me to Canmore and a fantastic fundraiser dinner for the Alberta winter Games at the Paintbox Lodge.  Canmore's organic chef, George served us up one of the most amazing 4 course meals all paired with a delicious wine of course.  http://canmorecatering.ca/
Thanks to everyone that attended to support the Games.  I enjoyed meeting you all!





Some winter activities in -30 and then it was back home to see what sort of "do it yourself home Reno" problems, I mean projects I could get into.







Keith and I took our Avalanche Safety Training and then headed to New Brunswick for Christmas. Lots of freezing rain, snow, snowshoeing and family time later we were back in BC to celebrate New Year's at Sun Peaks.



And now I'm happily back to training mixing up weeks of trainer, skiing and gym with some time mtn biking on the coast.










Enjoy winter!

No comments: