Thursday, June 21, 2012

Nationals

It is finally starting to feel like summer…well out east at least.

 After a couple gray, drizzly, but nonetheless wonderful weeks at home I am back on the road, but in my second home, Eastern Canada.

Mtb nationals revisited the fantastic trails of Saint Felicien Quebec and I had our team mechanic Zak to pick me up in Quebec city and keep me entertained on the drive to saint felicien.  Zak acquired a taste for our Timbits and trails.
 Nationals went really well, claiming my 4th consecutive national title, but definitely being kept sharp by Marie-Helene Premont and Emily Batty who finished 2nd and 3rd

It was an awesome weekend of reconnecting with friends I don’t get to see enough on the World cup circuit, visiting with family and riding bikes fast.  The weekend culminated with the team relay and then a big group mtb ride and river dip.  You couldn’t really ask for a more relaxed, fun environment .
                                                                                                    







No comments: