Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fast and Female

So I did two other things Fast and Female outside of the women’s Canadian Championship race this weekend.
The Fast and Female mtb camp, the brain child of Olympic gold medallist Chandra Crawford.  We had over 40 girls age 9-15 come to learn some mtb skills,  be inspired, dance and just have fun with the women of the number 1 ranked country in women’s mtn biking.  That’s ride Canada. Whoot whoo

Super cute Event video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w35G9lfjqE0

I also had the pleasure of meeting Olympic silver medallists in Bob sled Hellen Upperton and Shelley-Ann Brown and teach them how to mtn bike as we filmed a segment for “How tough are these sports?” for CTV Olympics.  What fantastic women and great sports!  I don’t know if I would have been so gutsy learning to bob sled….but would relish the opportunity!  You have to wait till next August to see the show, but you can follow these ladies on twitter (which they have gotten me ontoWinking smile)
Hellen, myself and Shelley-Ann

No comments: