Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where am I now?

Just got into Canberra Australia yesterday. It's been quite an adventure! I spent 2hrs driving what should have been 20 minutes thanks to google maps trying to send me on a route that didn't exist! All this time I was driving a right hand drive standard Toyota Yaris with my bike box in the back. I made my way to Tracey and Jeremy Sheppard's place (of Victoria, BC fame) and slapped my bike together with 20 minutes od day light to spare. On my short spin through their neighbourhood I saw 2 kangaroos! a muma and baby. My ride was accompanied by tons of cacatua birds.

It's been fantastic to chill out with the Sheppards and their roomie Dale and play the what's so and so up to game. Also had my first mamoth sleep in ages which was delightful! Feeling like I'm in a bit of a time warp though flying from hot and hummid China too a crsip energizing spring in Australia. Today's high will be 15 degrees.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kika,
I read your interview in the Daily Gleanor this morning(Aug.28) and found out you had this blog. You've become such a rockstar it's awesome, I've been wanting to congratulate u on your 1st place finish @ the Olympics in our eyes, me, Lindsay, Mom & Dad all stayed up to watch the nail bitting performance u gave us. We follow your results here @ the homestead, and your such an inspiration to work hard and reach your goals no matter where life takes u.
Say hi to Geoff for me, and have continued SUCCESSS!! Matt Sturgeon, Lindsay Edgar, David & Susan Sturgeon

Rae-Anne Hardie said...

Congrats on getting 3rd place! And amazing race at the Olympics, I watched every minute of it in suspense! I think my heart rate was up there with the racers!

Carlos said...

I never watch the olympics, but I watch the videos later on nbc.
You of course don't know who I am.
But I gotta say you looked really strong out there, and 4th place is amazing.

Carlos said...

I never watch the olympics, but I watch the videos later on nbc.
You of course don't know who I am.
But I gotta say you looked really strong out there, and 4th place is amazing for been your first olympic gig.
Keep up the good work.