Saturday, December 01, 2007

Ummmm, Ummmm: presenting to an audience

Thursday I gave my first Tobacco free Sports presentations at Logan Lake Secondary. I was super lucky to start at this school as the students were great with tons of questions. I presented to the grade eights and nines and managed to get through my whole presentation without forgetting anything major! Thanks to Mrs Hall for inviting me out and Mr. Dell who was subbing on the day and got things off to a smooth start.

I am one of 8 athletes in BC who is going into schools to share our sport story in hopes young people will turn to sport rather than tobacco to make fun, cool friends, have a good time and grow as a person.

2 comments:

JOY said...

What you are doing is so cool! I teach PE in Redlands CA, wish one of you 8 athelets could talk to my kids too!! I am outside Fontana, and if you are racing that venue in the spring....you could share your knowledge with some CA kids!!!

Kika said...

Hi Joy, I actually will be racing in fontana at the end of March. I'll talk to my team and see if we'd have time to drop by.

Cheers,
Catharine