Spring has Sprung and I’m headed for more heat

Today as I leave Kamloops for Phoenix Arizona and the first stop on the NMBS (Norba) circuit, Kamloops is the hotspot of BC at 15 degrees. We have been teased for the last month or so with warm days followed by cold systems and fresh snow fall, iced windshields and seemingly untouchable trails. Today all but one ride area in Kamloops is good to go.

This weekend’s race will be in the Fountain Hills area outside Scottsdale Arizona. There is a 6km TT Friday, but I’m planning to skip it to give it all in the next two races. The Short Track is slotted for 7:30 Saturday night in downtown Scottsdale. It should be interesting. 1 lap is supposed to be 1 min or less as we loop off and on pavement. It will no doubt be fast and painful and my first real chance to see how the legs are going to react to racing. Sunday we race the xc. Women are slotted for 3 laps at prime time heat 1:00…and it is supposed to be a hot 98 degrees F. So that’s 30 something - closer to 40 for us? We get the course all to ourselves with the men racing at 3:30.

I’m looking forward to seeing my race buddies again and seeing how my form is this year. Unfortunately I won’t be on a new bike at this race as we wait for sponsor product to trickle in, but my last year’s HT has a new drive train on it and is pedaling happily.

Comments

Popular Posts