Sunday, March 04, 2007

Got my plane tickets

4 weeks to go to my first race. Norba #1 will be Mar 31/Apr 1 near Phoenix Arizona. Everything’s all booked and I’ll be meeting up with Mical Dyck, Matt Hadley and new comer Joele Guynup (USA) for the weekend of racing.
Got out for my first mtb ride on real trails yesterday and it felt sooo good. Still a bit snow covered, but enough to get a taste and some of the feel back. Can’t wait for my new bikes. The Norco EXCs just feel sooo good and we’ve got some great sponsors lined up again next year…Sram (Avid, truvativ), Marzocchi suspension forks, Wtb, DT Swiss, Kenda and sixsixone. Just got my new shoes the other day and they’re wicked.

SixSixOne
Pros- they’ve totally revamped the stingers giving them a stiffer sole, deeper tread pattern and removable toe cleats. They’ve also added a buckle strap on top – nothing worse then having your foot move around when you go to stomp on the pedals. All the changes with the newer flashier, sexier shoe and they’ve made a great affordable product even better. Oh yeah, and they're crazy light. You can check them out here: http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Bike.aspx?id=d23ad2a8-2df1-4ef1-8a98-34dc03d58f7f&product=90619652-ebbe-4339-8dbc-60a989ce0b52
Also check out there gloves for some good deals.

So what else is planned? May 20th there is a BC cup right in Kamloops on Mt Dufferin. Should be sweet. Then the next day I’m off to Europe for three weeks. I’ll be meeting up with Sandra Walter who’s doing the race season in Switzerland. The weekend after I arrive we’ll be racing the World Cup in Germany, then it is a week off to train and check out some new rides…maybe hit an Austrian Cup and then to Champrey Switzerland for another World Cup. I’m so Psyched. It’s going to be an awesome trip.

My coworker gets back from NZ tomorrow so it’s back to three days a week. This couldn’t come sooner as I’ve been feeling run down and training is starting to suffer. I work until May and then it’s full time focus on riding. A good thing too with all the trips planned for this year.

No comments: